Foundation Training - for all Potential Frontline Volunteers
Saturday 18 November 2017 - Flint team only
Saturday 27 January 2018 - Flint and Azalea frontline teams
It's not too late to join Flint - if you missed the first session in October 2017, you can still sign up to attend Nov 18th & Jan 27th and we will cover the material you missed in 2018.
As Azalea expands and moves into a new chapter, we need more volunteers to join our teams.
As well as our essential Drop-in and Outreach work, we are also looking for people to help run our Recovery sessions or reach out to Trafficked women; at the same time we are looking for men and women to volunteer for Flint, a new programme for men.
Click the links above to find out more about Azalea and Flint.
What does volunteering for Azalea or Flint involve?
- Frontline volunteers help weekly at one or more of Azalea's Drop-in sessions (currently Monday and Friday evenings & Wednesday 12-7pm).
- Your role is to offer love and support to the women who come along, and to build relationships with them outside of Drop-in as well.
- You don't need any experience in counselling or social work, just a willingness to learn, ability to get on well with people and commitment to Azalea's policies.
- Azalea team members are expected to attend five training days per year and five prayer evenings per year.
- We ask Azalea team to commit to 3 years of working with the women.
- Frontline volunteers for Flint will help to run a weekly mentoring scheme for men who want to walk free from unhealthy sexual behaviour
- Your role is to provide a non-judgemental space that will help men on their journey
- You don't need experience in counselling or social work, although that is helpful.
- Flint team members are expected to attend ongoing training sessions and Azalea prayer events.
All Frontline volunteers receive introductory training and are interviewed before joining the team.
Regardless of which team you are keen to join, all potential new volunteers will take part in the same introductory training, before receiving further specialist training around different areas of sexual exploitation.
The course will cover topics including:
- What is Azalea?
- Exiting sexual exploitation
- Drugs Awareness
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
This course is aimed at anyone considering applying to join one of our Frontline teams.
We ask all volunteers who work with the women to commit to three years with Azalea, because continuity is so key to the way we operate. Interviews will follow for anyone wishing to join the Azalea or Flint teams.
If you live locally and are planning to apply to join an Azalea team, the course costs £43.50 including lunch, literature and training materials. Please talk to us if cost is an issue.
If you are coming from out of area to receive training to take back to your own project, the course will cost £80.
If you would like a place, please apply to email@example.com or call 01582 733 200 for more information.