Foundation Training - for all Potential Frontline Volunteers
Our next Training Course is on Saturday 21st April and 7th July for both Azalea and Flint frontline teams. Both dates must be attended if you wish to join either team.
As Azalea expands to tackle sexual exploitation from all sides, we need more volunteers to join our teams.
As well as our essential Drop-in and Outreach work, we are also looking for people to help run our daytime Recovery sessions; at the same time we are looking for men and women to volunteer for Flint, a new programme for men.
Click the links above to find out more about Azalea and Flint.
What does volunteering for Azalea or Flint involve?
All Flint and Azalea potential volunteers receive fantastic introductory training. If you then wish to join the team, you can apply and be interviewed.
- Frontline volunteers help weekly at one or more of Azalea's Drop-in sessions (currently Monday and Friday evenings & Wednesday 12-7pm).
- We are also looking for team members to help run Recovery sessions on Tuesday or Thursday daytimes.
- Your role is to offer love and support to the women who come along, and to build relationships with them outside of Drop-in.
- You don't need any experience in counselling or social work, just a willingness to learn, ability to get on well with people and commitment to Azalea's policies.
- Azalea team members are expected to attend five training days per year and five prayer evenings per year.
- We ask Azalea team to commit to 3 years of working with the women.
- The weekly commitment is a minimum of 4 hours, with the additional training and prayer sessions above.
- Frontline volunteers for Flint will help to run a weekly mentoring scheme for men who want to walk free from unhealthy sexual behaviour.
- Your role is to provide a non-judgemental space that will help men on their journey.
- You don't need experience in counselling or social work, although that is helpful.
- Flint team members are expected to attend ongoing training sessions and Azalea prayer events.
- The weekly commitment is around 4 hours, with additional training and prayer sessions every couple of months.
Regardless of which team you are keen to join, all potential new volunteers will take part in the same introductory training, before receiving further specialist training around different areas of sexual exploitation.
The course will cover topics including:
- What is Azalea?
- Exiting sexual exploitation
- Drugs Awareness
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
This course is aimed at anyone considering applying to join one of our Frontline teams.
We ask all volunteers who work with the women to commit to three years with Azalea, because continuity is so key to the way we operate. Interviews will follow for anyone wishing to join the Azalea or Flint teams.
If you live locally and are planning to apply to join the Azalea or Flint team, the course costs £40.00 including lunch, literature and training materials. Please talk to us if cost is an issue.
If you are coming from out of area to receive training to take back to your own project, the course will cost £80.
If you would like a place, please apply to email@example.com or call 01582 733 200 for more information.