Jobs at Azalea
Azalea is passionate about bringing justice and transforming lives – by overcoming sexual exploitation in the local community and further afield. All our work is shaped by our values. Our frontline work with women is carried out by trained volunteers, while a small staff team supports our work with women, men and children. We are committed to developing volunteers who are inspired, resourceful, courageous, compassionate and equipped.
If you are interested in working with us, take time to look around our website and discover more about our unique organisation.
Current Job Opportunities
Intervention and Exit Officer - Lead Role
Report to: Director of Women's Services
Location: Azalea Offices, Luton
Hours: 30 per week
Annual Leave: 32 days per year including Public Holidays
This is a demanding post in which the post holder will be Azalea’s lead in providing support for women experiencing sexual exploitation and the resulting complex needs. The role will support women to stabilize their lives and enable them to gain the skills needed to make informed positive choices to exit prostitution. The post holder will be responsible for building positive working relationships with external agencies to enable joint working and to signpost women to appropriate support as necessary. A flexible attitude to working hours is essential. Some evening work is required.
Working with the women
- To be lead officer, proactively undertaking the Intervention and Exit work at Azalea
- Engaging women into Intervention and Exit work, using outreach and joint agency working as a tool for this.
- Lead safeguarding officer ensuring protocol is followed and actioned
- Provide day-to-day support for the women Azalea connects with, including the arranging of /taking to appointments, ensuring that essential needs are met with social services, court, respite house, referrals, rehab applications and prison support etc.
- Responsible for the upkeep of individual person-centred support plans with women, to support them stabilizing their lives and moving forward into Recovery.
- Leading the weekly Care Oversight Team Meetings, to agree individual strategy for all women and ensuring actions are followed through.
- To advocate on behalf of and alongside the women to ensure they are receiving appropriate and adequate support from other agencies/services.
- To develop and maintain professional joint working relationships with other relevant agencies and statutory bodies to ensure holistic and appropriate support is available and to minimise duplication of support.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of relevant services, to enable signposting and sharing this with wider team and volunteers.
- To work with Recovery team to support women moving forward into Recovery.
- To ensure Line Manager and Leadership Team are given appropriate feedback regarding Intervention and Exit working practice at Azalea.
- Responsible for ensuring all women's records and protocols are GDPR compliant. Keep up to date with Intervention and Exit administration, ensuring all daily, weekly and quarterly monitoring and client files are well managed.
- To keep up to date with other administrative aspects of the post, including reports, minutes of meetings attended etc.,
- To attend volunteer/staff training to share knowledge and information with the wider team.
- Be an active member of the Connect team.
- Prepare a quarterly report on Intervention and Exit work for Trustee meetings.
- To play an active role in ensuring Azalea is current in its thinking around women's intervention and exit work and carry out any initiatives geared towards operational excellence for Intervention and Exit work at Azalea, as directed by Azalea's Leadership team.
- To support Azalea with general admin duties, IT operations and policy.
- A committed Christian, who is passionate about the power of transformation that can take place in an individual who has encountered the unconditional love of God.
- A desire to see women exit sexual exploitation, and to find ways for them to live as new creations in God.
- Evidence of own spirituality and journey with God in His compassion for the poor.
- A willingness to attend meetings and training events outside normal working hours, including evenings and weekends.
How to apply
To find out more about this post and to request an application form, please contact Veronica Glasgow on 01582 733200 or email veronica.glasgow @ azalea.org.uk. Closing date for applications is Friday 8th March 2019. Interviews will follow for successful applicants.