Jobs at Azalea
Azalea is passionate about bringing justice and transforming lives – by overcoming sexual exploitation in the local community and further afield. All our work is shaped by our values. Our frontline work with women is carried out by trained volunteers, while a small staff team supports our work with women, men and children. We are committed to developing volunteers who are inspired, resourceful, courageous, compassionate and equipped.
If you are interested in working with us, take time to look around our website and discover more about our unique organisation.
Current Job Opportunities
Communications and Campaigns Officer (part-time)
Job Title: Communications and Campaigns Officer (part-time)
Reporting to: Operations Director Location: Azalea office - Luton
Salary: £25,584.00 per annum. Full Time Equivalent
Hours: 13 per week initially* (can be worked flexibly through the week) *Hours to increase, subject to funding
Closing date: Friday 7th September, 2018.
Purpose of job:
To promote Azalea’s work and raise awareness of sexual exploitation, by overseeing all of Azalea's external communications with supporters, partners and the wider public.
The post holder should have experience in marketing or public relations, be adept at using social media, and will also be a key part of the events team. This is not an entry level post.
- To ensure effective and successful marketing and communications plans are in place for all aspects of the organisation’s work, products and client support services
- To oversee the production of all Azalea publicity and literature, ensuring the messaging and branding are correct and that it all adheres to Azalea's code of conduct
- To write and produce marketing, fundraising and supporter communications, including commissioning design work and ability to use programmes for simple design work yourself. This includes production of the Annual Report, Newsletters and other printed material
- To plan and send regular email communications to supporters
- Develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media
- To oversee all social media publication, ensuring that all posts conform to Azalea’s guidelines regarding confidentiality
- Produce and write compelling content for the news and campaigning sections of Azalea’s website, updating the website regularly
- To liaise with the media on behalf of Azalea; where appropriate, to send press releases regarding our work (or our partners’ work), whilst maintaining strict confidentiality for our clients
- As a key part of the events team, assist with profile raising campaigns, fundraising and awareness events
- To participate in staff training, organisation/team meetings and events as required
- To comply with the organisation’s health and safety, confidentiality, data protection and other policies.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Operations Director, subject to time and commensurate with level of responsibility and salary
It is not expected that the successful candidate will necessarily have experience/competency in all the areas highlighted. Azalea is committed to helping individuals develop professionally and personally, so your application is encouraged.
- Excellent writing skills and a high standard of English, with the ability to produce concise and persuasive copy
- Experience of marketing, public relations and/or publishing
- To be able to think through, plan and action strategy
- Solid IT skills and be well versed in the use of social media and able to update websites
- Able to generate creative ideas
- A sharp eye for detail
- A good grasp of design and branding, and the ability to use simple design programmes
- Be confident in making decisions
- Excellent time management skills
- Be able to use own initiative and work autonomously
- Be good at managing people and relationships
- Previous experience of project management, including working to strict deadlines
- An understanding of sexual exploitation and the issues around it
- Experience working within a small team
- Knowledge of the charity sector and the issues that face small charities.
How to apply
The closing deadline for this job is Friday 7 September. Interviews will follow for successful applicants.
You can download an Application Form here - please download and save a personal copy before editing.
Please email Azalea's Operations Director Lorry Edwards for more details about the job. You can also call Lorry on 01582 733200.