Jobs at Azalea
Azalea is passionate about bringing justice and transforming lives – by overcoming sexual exploitation in the local community and further afield. All our work is shaped by our values. Our frontline work with women is carried out by trained volunteers, while a small staff team supports our work with women, men and children. We are committed to developing volunteers who are inspired, resourceful, courageous, compassionate and equipped.
If you are interested in working with us, take time to look around our website and discover more about our unique organisation.
Current Job Opportunities
Women's Intervention Exit Officer - Lead Role
Azalea is recruiting for an exciting post working directly with women involved in sexual exploitation.
The post holder will have responsibility for providing front line support for women caught in sexual exploitation to help and equip them with the skills needed to make healthy lifestyle choices, which can lead to successful exit from prostitution. See below for full details.
How to apply
To find out more about this post and to request an application form, please contact Veronica Glasgow on 01582 733200 or email veronica.glasgow @ azalea.org.uk. Interviews will follow for successful applicants.
Post: Lead Women’s Intervention and Exit officer (part-time)
Hours: 30 per week (A flexible attitude to working hours is essential. Some evening work is required.)
This is a demanding post in which the post holder will be Azalea’s key officer providing support for women experiencing sexual exploitation and the resulting complex needs. The role will support women to stabilize their lives and enable them to gain the skills needed to make informed positive choices to exit prostitution. The post holder will be responsible for building positive working relationships with external agencies to enable joint working and to signpost women to appropriate support as necessary.
Working with the women
- To be lead officer, proactively undertaking the Intervention and Exit work at Azalea
- Engaging women into Exit and Intervention work, using outreach and joint agency working as a tool for this.
- Lead safeguarding officer ensuring protocol is followed and actioned
- Provide day-to-day support for the women Azalea connects with, including the arranging of /taking to appointments, ensuring that essential needs are met with social services, court, respite house, referrals, rehab applications and prison support etc.
- Responsible for the upkeep of individual person centred support plans with women, to support them stabilizing their lives and moving forward into Recovery.
- Leading the weekly Care Oversight Team Meetings, to agree individual strategy for all women and ensuring actions are followed through.
- To advocate on behalf of and alongside the women to ensure they are receiving appropriate and adequate support from other agencies/services.
- To develop and maintain professional joint working relationships with other relevant agencies and statutory bodies to ensure holistic and appropriate support is available and to minimise duplication of support.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of relevant services, to enable signposting and sharing this with wider team and volunteers.
- To work with Recovery team to support women moving forward into Recovery.