Help us to combat sexual exploitation by raising vital funds for Azalea
We are so thankful to all the individuals, churches and organisations that support Azalea financially. Whilst all of Azalea's frontline work with women is done on a voluntary basis, we still need money to pay for our Recovery Centre, our outreach car, staff support and training, and items for the Drop-in.
Here's an idea of some of our costs:
- £5 pays for the milk at a week's Drop-in sessions, meaning we can offer tea, coffee and hot chocolate to women, many of whom are homeless.
- £10 pays for a crisis pack, given to women in hospital, emergency housing or other cases of extreme need
- £50 contributes towards the cost of running our outreach car
- £125 finances the Drop-in on a Wednesday afternoon, fundamental in building relationships with the women and supporting them.
- £200 funds two daytime Recovery sessions, giving women chance to talk 1-2-1 about building a better future.
Every year, loads of people do all sorts of great activities to raise money for Azalea. Why not take on a challenge - however big or small - and raise some money for us this year?
Cake sales and coffee mornings
This is a great way to involve all the family in fundraising for Azalea. Whether it's an intimate gathering at your house or a big bake sale at an event, you can raise money and awareness about Azalea at the same time. Cakes are one of the core aspects of Azalea's Drop-in work, offering women a sign of personal care and love. So a cake sale is a great way to link up with our work. Get the price right so you can make a decent profit on the cost of baking!
Family Fun events
A group of NCS students put on a Family Fun Day last year to raise money for Azalea. Why not run something in the school holidays when families are looking for things to do? Another option is putting on a Stay and Play session during summer, when everything else has closed down. Get your church or community centre to lend the space, charge per family, and why not sell some cakes while you're at it? You'll need flyers to promote it during term time before the holidays get underway.
If you're feeling ambitious, you could put on an evening event such a quiz, concert, dinner or game show. High Street Methodist Harpenden had a brilliant evening with dinner and '80s gameshow Blankety Blank last year! What could you do that's a fun night out and raises money at the same time?
Instead of organising our own event, we are inviting people to walk or run in any event they choose - we've had runners doing their local Park Run right through to the Yorkshire marathon!
What you need to do...
Find a run you would like to do, Sign up to do it, and Let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible.
We will send you:
- An Azalea T-shirt
- Sponsorship form
- An Azalea collection box
How to raise money online
You can set up a fundraising page through our Virgin Giving account. Click this link then follow these steps:
- Under "My personal challenge" select Running or marathons
- Complete the rest of the details on that page, then click Next
- On the My Charity page, Azalea should already be selected for the Charity's name. Check this is the case, then complete the remaining details and then click Next
- At this point, you either need to register a new account or login to your existing account
- Set up your own fundraising page, then share it with your friends and begin fundraising!