Azalea relies first and foremost on a large team of volunteers who give their time and resources freely. This spirit of generosity is crucial to our ethos and we want to maintain it as we grow.
However there are aspects of our work that simply cost money. We have to run a car in order to go on outreach, we rent our Recovery and Drop-in centre, and we employ a small staff team. Also, we often respond to the needs of the women spontaneously.
Azalea is looking for people to commit to giving regularly
This allows us to plan ahead and keep on top of monthly outgoings.
The best way to give regularly is by setting up a standing order
You can download our standing order form or set it up with your online banking account.
Our account number is 65268227 and our sort code is 089299
Here are some examples of the impact your gifts can have:
- £5 a month pays for the milk at a week's Drop-in sessions, meaning we can offer tea, coffee and hot chocolate to women, many of whom are homeless.
- £10 a month pays for a crisis pack, given to women in hospital, emergency housing or other cases of extreme need
- £50 a month contributes towards the cost of running our outreach car
- £125 a month finances the Drop-in on a Wednesday afternoon, fundamental in building relationships with the women and supporting them.
- £200 a month funds two daytime Recovery sessions, giving women chance to talk 1-2-1 about building a better future.
How to donate
There are several ways you can financially support the work of Azalea
- Give through your own Online Banking.
Give regularly through standing order by filling in our standing order form or setting it up through your online banking account. You can also give a one-off gift through your online bank account. Azalea's account number is 65268227 and our sort code is 089299. Please let us know at [email protected] if you chose to set it up in this way, as it is not always clear from bank statements who a donor is.
- Give through our Virgin Giving page. You can set up a direct debit or make a one-off donation. Virigin Giving will also collect any Gift Aid and takes a small fee.
- Cheques: Offer a one-off gift by writing a cheque payable to ‘Azalea’ and posting it to PO Box 1290, Luton, LU1 9HZ.
- Donate the loose change you collect as an individual/household/church group. If possible, please cash the change and send us a donation - otherwise you can bring the change into our office. Email [email protected] if you would like one of our collection boxes.
- Give by text. Just text "AZAL34 £1,2,3,4,5 or 10" to 70070*
*Texts are charged at your mobile phone operator’s standard rate. The charity will receive 100% of your donation. You must be 16 or over and please ask the bill payer’s permission. For full terms and conditions and more information, please visit www.justgiving.com/info/terms-of-service
Give while you shop
You can make money for Azalea by collecting FREE donations when you shop online with easyfundraising. You can choose from over 2,700 retailers, and it doesn't cost you any extra! Find out more and sign up at http://easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/azalea
Your business can make a difference by partnering with Azalea and investing in our work, you can help us to change lives and inspire your staff and customers at the same time.
You can invest financially in our work, sponsor events, encourage your staff to get involved and share your passion for working for freedom from sexual exploitation with your clients and customers.
The Small Removal Company in Harpenden sponsored the t-shirts for our 5k in 2013, which was a great contribution to our running costs for the event and an excellent advert for the Small Removal Company.
We can provide flyers, donation boxes and fundraising ideas for your whole staff team to get involved in and to show your customers what they are contributing to. Email [email protected] or call us on 01582 481333 to talk in more detail about how we can work together for freedom from sexual exploitation for women, children, men and communities.
Virgin Money Giving
Make a regular or single donation online through our Virgin Giving page.