Christmas is Azalea's busiest time of year.
The women we work with find Christmas really tough. But Azalea tries to make Christmas special by throwing a big party complete with four-course meal, live music and presents.
That’s where you come in!
As well as wrapped gifts we give out beautiful food hampers to all our women. These are all kindly donated by the public. You can either bring items to our office (email [email protected] or call 01582 733200 to arrange delivery), or give them to an Azalea Church Rep.
You can download an Appeal Poster to put on a box and ask people to donate gifts - at your gym / school / church / community centre.
We need all donations by Thursday 30th November - unwrapped please.
The women we work with are precious and we believe they deserve the best. So we only want new, quality gifts, such as the examples below.
No toiletries please, as these have already been donated.
- Gloves, hats, scarves
- Stationery, Books
- Bags, purses, etc.
- Small-ish picture frames
- Makeup & Nail polish
- Costume jewellery
- Slippers, Warm fluffy socks
- Craft kits, Adult colouring books, Pens
- Hair accessories and brushes
- Wash/travel bag
- Photo frames with a bible verse in them
Please check the use-by date on all food items and ensure it goes beyond 31/12/2018. No alcohol or alcoholic fruit cakes please!
- Instant hot chocolate sachets and mini marshmallows
- Mince pies
- Christmas pudding
- Cheese biscuits, crackers, cheese straws
- Nuts, posh crisps
- Panettone / Christmas cake / Yule logs
- Tinned fruit
- Chocolates / Sweets
- Nice instant coffee / cappuccino sachets
- Christmas crackers
- Quality cereal
Festive Fun-draising Ideas
1. The Big Azalea Christmas Card
Ask your workplace / church / sporting group if they will agree to NOT send individual cards, but instead all sign the big Azalea Card which we will provide.
Then donate the money you've saved buying cards!
How to take part
- Check with your church or business whether they have already signed up - if not, ask if they will buy into the idea.
- Sign up by November 9th so we know how many cards to produce.
- To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Big Azalea Card and leave your details. We will deliver your card by the end of November and provide a collection box.
2. Dress-up December
Set yourself the challenge of wearing a dress EVERY day in December (or a bow tie if that works better for you!)
No matter what you are doing, get glammed up and get friends and family to sponsor you. If it's chilly, team your dress with leggings or thick tights. These guys did it last year and raised hundreds!
3. Christmas Jumper or Bobble Hat Day
Get your work colleagues, sports club, church or community group to wear festive attire on a particular day and donate £1 each or more to Azalea.
4. New Year Sponsored 5K
Start 2018 as you mean to go on! There is a 5K Park run at Wardown Park in Luton at 9am on January 1st. You will need to register with Park run but it's free. If you let us know we can provide T-shirts or running vests to go over your kit.
For more information or help with any of these fundraising ideas, please contact email@example.com
Shop online and raise donations for Azalea!
You can also help us this Christmas by collecting FREE donations when you shop online with easyfundraising. You can choose from over 2,700 retailers, and it doesn't cost you any extra! Find out more and sign up at http://easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/azalea .
What the women say about Azalea's Christmas Presence...
"I don't like Christmas, it is all about family and I don't have one. I am coming to the Azalea Christmas party."
"I am all alone and then I remember I am invited to Azalea's Christmas party. No one judges me there."